Monday, November 21, 2016

The Last Full Day in Merida.

Wow, the month has flown. Today is the official work holiday for Dia de Revolucion (Revolution Day.)  So I missed out on the chance to go to one of the museums that I had planned to visit again.  Otro Dia as they say here - Another day! The town was really bustling with people today as many businesses and schools were closed.  I visited the mercado just because I could, when I realized that the museum was closed.
I didn't really buy anything except a bag of raw almonds to eat on the bus trip to Cancun tomorrow.  A protein snack is always a good idea for me.

This afternoon we are sitting on the deck/patio enjoying a cool breeze and watching the birds play.  We have been seeing an interesting yellow bird off and on for the entire stay.  I think it is probably a Social Flycatcher -photo "borrowed" from another site.
And here is my photo - off in the tree top
Another bird we have seen frequently is a White Winged Dove.  The first time I saw one, I immediately had an earworm of Stevie Nicks - Edge of Seventeen - in my head. It hasn't left yet.  I have not gotten any good photos of the WhiteWinged Dove though.
This is the best I could get:
Here is a better one from Audobon

Another photo that I have had on my phone is one of the Coca Cola trucks.  This is the typical size Coca Cola truck that you see here.

Tonight we begin packing and tomorrow we will take the ADO (ah DAY oh) bus to Cancun for the flight home on Wednesday.
We are planning a video posting for tomorrow morning - if all goes well we will have it posted before we depart.
For now, this is Gene, signing off with a sigh.

2 comments:

  1. Awe. I have enjoyed your vacation, Gene. Many thanks to you and Dave for sharing!

    Safe travels and Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your photos and the closing video is excellent. I feel like I could have been there with the two of you. Hi Dave....so nice to see you :)

    Hugs,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete